How can we improve?

Critical Feedback

Hi, First of all loved the journey from my first article, I think I've closely read about everything & followed steps like you guys have said. Truly life changing. I'm a Entrepreneur, product developer & designer & I would like to give some feedback which can hopefully improve the user experience & value

1. there is too much emphasis on giving and donating in the start when I start to question what is this again a career guide or a life guide. with every product/service people wait for the Aha! moment like in facebook the first time you signed up its find your friend that friend request accept or like. In 80000Hours its that Aha! moment is quite late I think for me and a couple of my friends it was career capital where it was like omg I really need to focus on this! probably a re order of the 9 steps can add & trigger certain emotions thereby reducing bounce rates & result in more end to end finish ups

2. You should include a note about polymaths. Because I am one & when I followed your guide I ended up with so many options it was overwhelming confusing! Have a look how to appeal to this breed of people > www.ted.com/talks/emilie_wapnick_why_some_of_us_don_t_have_one_true_calling . add a note somewhere about this!

3. I love game design & development & I strongly think it can contribute & change the world. PS > www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world please include it as a note!

4. can you guys collaborate with http://sokanu.com/ & do something! You guys do say that career tests don't work & I completely agree but there is plethora of use information on sokanu & both parties can win with collaboration

5. I see a lot of places where a lot of info from articles can be pushed to the further reading section people can search on demand for conviction if needed. A lot of places I was convinced but still had to go through a lot of text explaining why this was right. or you can produce a leaner version of the entire guide which just has the bottom lines of all articles I think that would resonate more

6. I studies CS from a good college in south India & got into a good job so it nicely resonates with me. But I am doubtful how much these steps will resonate with someone who is on a lower end of maslow's chain I think you can do some cohort user research & split users off right from introduction to have better empathy

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Prajwal P shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Prajwal P commented  · 

Overall I'm super happy & I really appreciate what you guys have created here. It's really life changing. I am gonna spread it like crazy in my networks. But you guys are almost there to really nailing this problem! All the best :) & A big thank you! your effort has a made a huge difference!! \m/

Feedback and Knowledge Base